As a software engineer, you'll need to:
- analyse user requirements
- write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary and communicate with any programmers involved in the project
- research, design and write new software programs (e.g. business applications or computer games) and computer operating systems
- evaluate the software and systems that make computers and hardware work
- develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together
- create technical specifications
- write systems to control the scheduling of jobs or to control the access allowed to users or remote systems
- write operational documentation with technical authors
- maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- work closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, UX designers, other developers, systems analysts and sales and marketing professionals
- consult clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems, with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems
- investigate new technologies
- continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
26 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave