The Global Data & Search product teams innovate and build products ranging from personalized, complementary and similar listings recommendation systems, to search ranking models, to user profiling and segmentation services, to performance statistics engines, to AdTech and others to offer our end users and partners to create perfect matches on our marketplaces. The marketplaces in Adevinta's portfolio fuel the global data platform with rich behavioral, content and user data on which we rely to build global services to empower our marketplaces.
The Smarter Ads team is one of these teams with a mission to enable our end-users to easily insert and discover high-quality ads. Through a range of services the team enhances and augments our users' search and insertion experience. For example, our autocomplete feature increases search speed and accuracy, popular related searches and search trends inspire our users in their quest to find good deals and our Vision API uses image recognition to enriches the advertisement insertion experience allowing our users to find the correct category and similar items on the our marketplace to increase the likelihood of the advertisement to be seen by a buyer.
What you'll do
As a staff engineer in the Smarter Ads team you will build and run production-grade data and machine learning pipelines and products at scale in an agile setup. You will work closely with our data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to create the technology that generates and transforms data into applications, insights and experiences for our users.
As Staff Software Engineer, you are expected to:
- Design, productionize and own end-to-end solutions that solve our customer's problems.
- Define, plan and execute on large scale strategic projects.
- Communicate and align with peers and cross functional stakeholders.
- Drive for technical excellence and pick the right balance between quality and speed of delivery.
- Consistently steer the target architecture by identifying areas of critical need based on future growth.
- Be the go-to expert inside the org and influencer inside the team in several technologies and technical areas.
- Actively participate in department-wide cross-functional tech initiatives.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers for growth and success.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
26 days of holidays, Commuter allowance, Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage, Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave