Job Title: Key Account Manager
Business Unit: Sales & Operations
Reporting To: Regional Sales Manager
Direct Reports: Nicole Laidlaw
Date Revised: April 2021
Internal Relationships: This role will interact closely with all departments within the (Dealer sales and Operations team) motors team across Australia and other supporting ECG departments as required. They are also encouraged to build relationships with their peers in other ECG markets to share best practice and key learnings.
External Relationships: Key dealership personnel including: Dealer Principals, General Managers, Used car managers, Marketing Managers.
Purpose: The Key Account Manager role is crucial in ensuring we achieve our vision to become the leading automotive marketplace in Australia. Our Key Account Managers are responsible for revenue generation through elevating our brands in market by identifying new sales opportunities within existing and new accounts while providing superior service, pro-active education, insights and on going training and support for our customers. This role is based in-market and requires a combination of face-to-face meetings and account management check-ins via phone/video conference.
__________________________________________________________________________________ Key Account Management;
• Providing extraordinary customer service to all customers.
• Maintaining a customer centric approach to the business at all times.
• Keeping up-to-date with our product suite, technical services, market conditions, advertising and market trends and utilising this knowledge to educate and empower your customers.
• Establish and maintain business relationships that will significantly impact the customers’ perception of our brands. Creating a positive customer experience by representing our brand with integrity
• Operate as the primary point of contact to assigned accounts for any and all matters.
• Uncover customers’ immediate needs and future plans through effective questioning techniques.
• Recommend solutions and opportunities to customers based on their business needs.
• Communicate innovation ideas that will enhance the user experience to leaders and/or tech team, continuously improving our offerings to customers based on what will be mutually beneficial.
• Empowering customers by helping them deliver a sustainable return on investment.
• Ensuring the revenue associated with client base is stable or grows month on month
• Achieve set KPI’s each quarter around effective calls, meetings, upgrades/termination management and set account management duties.
• Creating customer accounts and processing opportunities in CRM with high attention to detail and maintenance of data integrity.
• Accurately logging customer interactions in salesforce (CRM) in accordance with the rules of engagement.
• Prepare impactful and powerful business presentations utilizing data and insights. This should include monthly and qtly reviews for dealers as required.
• Feed market insights and data from dealers back into the motors team to help guide decision making.
• Maintain strong knowledge of new and existing product offerings as well as new products in the market, industry trends and new developments; understands current competitive conditions within the marketplace.
• Identify market risk and establish plan to mitigate and escalate as required. New Business acquisition / upgrades
• Meeting with customers to qualify and present sales solutions including upgrade opportunities
• Understanding customers’ immediate needs and future business plans through effective questioning techniques and recommending appropriate solutions to deliver sustainable return on investment based on findings
• Set meetings with stakeholders/ decision makers to present our value proposition focusing on our strengths
• Developing, maintaining and utilising extensive knowledge of our offerings and data to educate potential customers
• Data lead approach to articulating our Value proposition to dealers
• Performing to financial and productivity metrics including revenue achievement and outbound activity targets
• Utilise pipeline management tool, working closely with Regional manager to ensure Acquisition target alignment across the regions.
Strategy, Reporting and Planning
• Review, access and utilise new products to maximise sales opportunities. • Actively participate in weekly sales call and other meetings as required.
• Ensure timely and accurate information is entered into the CRM system to deliver accurate activity and revenue reporting.
• Analyse competitor activity, customer mix and sales stories.
Required Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Embraces a digital mindset.
• Excels in customer service and sales excellence.
• Natural problem solver - takes a structured approach to collecting facts, logically determining the root cause, and identifying the simplest solution.
• Emotional intelligence.
• Drives collaboration across the team.
• Data driven and proven ability to draw insights & recommendations. • Experience successfully objection handling and negotiating.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal. • The ability to build and present impactful presentations to customers. • Experience with various CRM systems.
• Strong prospecting, negotiating and closing skills.
• Self-motivated, strong organisational and time management skills. • Ensures that client issues are dealt with efficiently while maintaining excellent customer relations.
• High level of commercial acumen.
• PowerPoint skills and ability to create presentations.
• Basic to intermediate excel skills.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more