An iOS Developer on one of our agile teams, building customer value through the design, development and delivery of a native app that our customers will love.
What you’ll do:
Be a key team member working with delivery leads, other developers, product managers, QA, and operations teams to develop solutions that drive our OKRs, delight our customers and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability.
You will participate in and help drive the best possible ways of working for native app development including Continuous Improvement, CI/CD, test automation, A/B testing and experimentation.
Think with your colleagues about architecture decisions and help work them out;
Who you are:
You are a strong software engineer and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large and/or distributed systems. The person we are looking for has some experience in online or related areas, with at least 5+ years of full-time employment and at least three years developing iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift.
You love working in a dynamic agile team environment
You are a self-starter. You seek out new opportunities and don’t shy away from challenges.
You bring energy and enthusiasm to the office every single day.
You put the customer at the forefront of every decision you make.
You love a challenge and look for creative ways to solve problems fast.
What we offer:
A collaborative, informal, international work environment with cross-functional, self-managing teams;
The opportunity to work on one of the most used and well liked apps in Australia;
Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work;
Be part of a highly interactive Agile team;
A focus on Continuous Improvement in everything we do;
Silicon Valley amenities, such as MacBook Pros, exciting high spec dev machines and very nice office facilities.
From the moment that you join the Gumtree team we aspire to make your employment experience an awesome and engaging one. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then apply and send us your CV!
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more